The Muncie Chevrolet Plant began manufacturing manual transmissions for passenger cars and trucks in 1935. During the 1960s, the company witnessed rapid expansion and growth of operations at the plant. As the United States auto industry felt the effects of foreign competition and labor struggles during the late 1970s and 1980s, Chevrolet Muncie began a long process of layoffs, facility closings, and partnerships. The company once known as Chevrolet Muncie closed its doors on March 31, 2006.
Also found within the Digital Media Repository are the Muncie Chevrolet Plant Architectural Drawings digital collection. This digital collection includes architectural drawings for buildings erected as part of the T. W. Warner Company, later Chevrolet Muncie between 1918 and 1920.
For more information, please contact Archives and Special Collections at (765) 285-5078 or at email@example.com.