Ball State University Libraries recently improved user discoverability of University records, images, ephemera, and publications by revising the University Archives’ Web site. The redesigned site features the following improvements to help students, faculty, staff, and community researchers have access to Ball State University historical information:
• Consistent site navigation and design
• Web 2.0 social bookmarking tools such as del.icio.us and digg
• W3C Web Standards compliance for improved searching and handicap accessibility
• New institutional historical narratives and timelines
• Updated records management directions and forms
Future improvements for the Web site include the creation of new timelines that visually illustrate Ball State University historical events and leaders in addition to the integration of a site-wide search tool. Visit the new home page at www.bsu.edu/libraries/archives/urecords. For more information, contact Carolyn F. Runyon, University Libraries’ Archivist for Digital Development and University Records, CFRunyon@bsu.edu, 765-285-5078.